Sunday, October 16, 2011

Genetically Predisposed to Liking Burnt Marshmallows


We made S'mores tonight.  Our kids are so weird.  They like to catch the marshmallows on fire and burn them to a crisp.  I think that they inherited this oddity from me.  I like my mallows charred on the outside and gooeylicious on the inside.  Yum!

Random story #1 - When my sister and I were little, we "roasted"an apple in the fireplace.  When the apple kept falling in the ashes, we thought that it would be a great idea to wash it.  So naturally, we used toothpaste to clean it off.  Ashes,  hot, oozing apple, and toothpaste makes such a lovely mess.  My poor mom!

Random story #2 - Later on that night, after my mom sent us to our room for nearly burning the house down, my sister and I were jumping on the bed.  We collided head first.  I heard a loud crack and my nose became a crimson geyser.  My poor mom!

What about you, do you like your marshmallows burnt? Have you ever almost burnt down your house and broken your nose in the same night?

Check this out:


Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment