Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Eating the Alphabet - Letters "E", "F" and "G"

What?  Did you think that I forgot about the whole eating the alphabet mission?

Well, I didn't.  In fact, I have eaten the alphabet and then some.  Ahem...scales do not lie...

So, for "E" we have enjoyed...Edamame, which is a really rad green veggie that makes the littlest monkey very happy. He loves to take the tiny soy beans out of their pods and pop them in his mouth. 

"F" is for flax.  Which has a sneaky way of making it into our hamburgers and smoothies.  It has those Omega 3's that we all need.

Finally, "G" is for garbanzo beans.  I can't help but think of Gonzo from the Muppets whenever I say garbanzo beans.  I have issues.


 These beans are great when you toss them in some olive oil and sprinkle them with cumin.  Then, I pop them in a pepper and the bean feast is on!

 Hugs,

Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment