Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Over Yonder

The door to my old kindergarten class.
Campground Methodist Church Preschool / Kindergarten
 

 My grandpa used to always tell me a story about when I attended kindergarten.  The kindergarten that I attended was just down the street from my grandparents' house.  Everyday when school was over, Grandpa would walk over to the school to pick me up.  On the way home, we would walk and talk and sometimes sit for a spell under a huge oak tree where I would pepper him with questions like only a 5 year old can.

      One day, at the end of one of our tree-side chats, Grandpa said that we needed to walk "back over yonder" because Grandma was waiting with lunch.  Now, my grandfather was a Tennessee bred boy, and he had many colloquialisms like, "over yonder".  I was not quite sure where "over yonder" was, so I asked him. He paused for a moment and then answered, "Well, I guess if you are not over here, then you're over yonder."  I still smile when I think about that.

Over Yonder


Blessings,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment