Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Love Me Some Prairie Home Companion

Ahh...the sound of Garrison Keillor's voice on a Saturday afternoon makes my heart swoon.

I absolutely love a good story and when you tune into "A Prairie Home Companion" on the radio that is just what you get, right along with some side splitting jokes, awesome tunes and sage wisdom.

Photo courtesy of PHC website


I was introduced to one of my favorite music artists, Sarah Watkins, via the show.  She even hosted a show this year.

Last Saturday's broadcast had a hilarious little ditty about high school graduation open houses.  I laughed so hard that I almost ran a red light and nearly peed my pants (not necessarily in that order).  Funny stuff.

How about you?  Do you tune into PHC on the weekends? Do you ever wish that you were from Lake Wobegon where, "all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average"?

Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment