Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Whatever Happened to the Drive-In Theatre?

Photo credit
One of the first movies that I saw was Star Wars at the drive-in theatre.  I remember sitting up on the hood of our family car with my mom, dad, and sister.  We were eating popcorn, drinking cokes, wrapped in blankets. It was autumn.  Fast forward to high school, my friends and I are sitting in the back of a pick up truck at the drive-in watching some movie that I can't seem to remember.  I do remember that I  had a sunburn from being at the beach that day without a stitch of sunscreen on.  Nice! I also remember how much fun it was to go to the drive-in.  It was a great place to hang out as a family or with your best friends. Oh the memories...

The last drive-in theatre in my hometown closed down years ago.  It used to double as a flea market during the day on the weekends.  So, where have all the drive-in movie theaters gone? I did a little research and found this website.

Now that the weather is cooling down in Central Florida, I would love to take our monkeys out to see a movie under the stars.

Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment