Wednesday, January 25, 2012

That's Sick!

Wait! Before you jump to any conclusions about the title of this post, please read on.  It will change your life.

You see, I have been informed by a very reliable source (i.e. my 13 year old monkey boy) that when someone says, "That's sick!", it does not mean that something is bad or gross.  No, do not be fooled!  The expression, "That's sick!", simply means that something is really awesome.  It makes perfect sense, right?

It also seems that another phrase that was popular back in the olden days of my youth is making a come back.  "You be ill in' !" was a phrase we used to say when someone was acting crazy.  It had a negative connotation.  Apparently, that has all changed and "ill in'" is actually a positive word these days.  It is used to indicate when something or someone is cool.  Again, it makes sense.

I'm just trying to stay current with today's lingo.  I want to be able to give you the low down,  or is it the down low?  Hmm...I will have to get the 411 on that from my son and get back with you.

Oh, to be young and hip again...

Wait, does hip still mean cool?


Confused,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment