Monday, July 2, 2012

Are You Achin for Some Bacon...Ice Cream?

Raise your hand if you like bacon.

Raise your hand if you like ice cream.

Raise your hand if you think that I like food waaaaay to much. Put your hand down.  I thought that we were friends.

What if you could take ice cream and bacon and mix them all up. Strange! You say? Yum! I say.

I made some homemade maple bacon ice cream this past weekend and it was amazing!  That smokey bacony goodness blended with sugary maple loveliness...

I will share the recipe with you, but first you have to take back that you think I am waaaay to into food.

Okay we're good and here's the recipe:

Take a quarter gallon of heavy cream, mix in one cup of pure maple syrup and one fourth cup of bacon grease. Put the mixture in your ice cream maker and mix per the manufacture's instructions.

Serve over homemade waffles or eat it by the spoonful.

This is a very rich, heavy ice cream so a little goes a long way. Enjoy!

Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment