Monday, December 3, 2012

Picture Perfect?

Most of the time, I love blogging.  I feel like it has many positive aspects.  Blogging is a great way to stay in touch with family and friends and to meet new friends :-).  It is a creative outlet for me; therefore, I find it relaxing. I love being able to document snippets of our life through words and photos.  I envision our grandkids looking at the blog and enjoying the stories of their moms and dads (sniff!)

In my opinion, there is also a downside to blogging.  I feel like it can give people a false sense of "reality".  Obviously, I can't blog about everything that happens in my life or the life of our family nor would I want to. Believe me, you would not want to read it if I did.  In fact, you might be scarred for life if you knew what really goes on here on a daily basis...it's scary at times :-). 

Anyway, my point is that life is not picture perfect, no matter how "put together" things may appear on a blog.  There are good days and bad days.  There are those messes in life that are too painful and private to share.  I never, ever want to be a discouragement to someone who reads this blog.  I never, ever want to give a false impression that the life that I live is somehow charmed or better than anyone else's life.  Believe me, what you see on this blog is just a teeny, tiny part of our life.  There is so much more.  We have our issues and they are many, my friends. 

To prove my point, let me leave you with an example in the form of a picture...

Real family life captured by Heather at Lisbet Photography

In hindsight, I could of just posted this picture and not even typed anything else.  

Keeping it real, 

Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment