Monday, November 21, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

Life is so full of changes and transitions.  Some seasons are more full of change than others.

In this season of our life now, change is abundant.  Job changes, body changes, attitude changes, dietary changes, kids growing, college, high school, potty training, driving lessons, and so on...

This past year there has been loss and gain.  Joy and pain.  We have laughed much, stressed much, loved large, and pondered profoundly.  Many milestones have been achieved.  We have taken two steps forward, and twenty backward, and twenty-one forward again.  We have succeeded in some areas and successfully failed in others.

I have always loathed change.  Lately, I just want to stop time.  I want to freeze-frame that toothless grin our girl has.  I do not want to make the crib into a toddler bed.  I choke up thinking about that upcoming college orientation. I still have that last maternity shirt hanging in the closet, because, well, just because I can not seem to take it down.


But, this season of life is teaching me that change is important.  Life ebbs and flows and each moment leads to the next, to the next, to the next.  I can go hide my eyes and plug my ears and choose not to move forward, or I can embrace it all.  All the change.  It's changing me...


Hugs,

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. History repeats itself, Melissa. I had those same feelings - but now I can watch the toothless grin of my granddaughter and soon, I'm sure, there will be another great-grandchild in a crib...so it will come back to you in a different way.

    What gorgeous pictures!!! Captiva, I'll bet. Someday we have to get back there. Love...

    Thanks for sharing the thoughts and pictures. Love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom,

    Thank you for helping me put things in perspective. It is a blessing to have your encouragement and support! While some areas of life are always changing, it is nice to know that our relationship remains steadfast. Love you!

    ReplyDelete