Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eating the Alphabet - Letter "B"


Today we are eating Letter "B".  And it is um, um good!

Just look at these amazingly vibrant bell peppers:


I spy a beautiful monkey-girl, do you?

Bell peppers are a staple in our home.  Any color will do, but I am partial to the orange ones.

They take the place of bread and corn chips for me.  No really, they do. 

I am trying to avoid too many grains (like wheat) and too much sugar (corn tends to be higher in natural sugar).  So, I take strips of bell peppers and dip them into my homemade salsa.  They have all the crunch of a chip, but less sugar and no oil. 

My "go to" lunch during the week is half of a bell pepper loaded up with hummus.  I call it a pepper sandwich.  It's fast, satisfying, and actually quite refreshing.

Music Man likes bell pepper sandwiches too.  And our youngest monkey asks for "peppews and tummus" quite often.

Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment