Thursday, March 3, 2011

We're Not Weird, We're Eclectic

I have always thought that we had a bit of a weird perspective when it came to decorating our home.

Our family room is mostly African themed, with hand carved wooden creatures and leather couches. While our kitchen and nook are a cozy cottage theme complete with a bird house collection. There are sea shells in our foyer and Asian artifacts in our library. 

So, I have been resigned to the fact that we are just odd and pretty much decoratively impaired. But today I learned that we are:

 Eclectic.  That's a fun word to say.  Eclectic.  But what does it mean?

eclectic |iˈklektik|

adjective

1. deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources

Hmm...that sounds like us. Eclectic.

I want to thank the designers at Alice Lane for helping me solve my designing dilemma.  Alice Lane has a lovely blog full of pictures that I wish that I could crawl right into.  Their portfolio is profoundly beautiful.

Our home is such a hodgepodge of a little bit of this and a lot of that, and I have always thought that we were just weird.  Why can't we commit to just one decorating style? 

But, now thanks to the informative design blog put together by the ladies at Alice Lane, I realize that we have a decorative identity.  Were not weird, just eclectic!

I can rest better now.

Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment