Thursday, December 1, 2011

Help! I'm Learning a New Language and My Brain is About to Explode!

Recently, the monkeys and I have been learning Japanese.  We have a wonderful tutor who captivates us with her creative teaching style.  There is only one problem- -my brain!

Seriously!  My kids are like little sponges just soaking up all the hiragana and katakana, and I am just a goner.  My brain is a fossilized sponge, devoid of any language learning capability.  Am I just getting old, or did I kill one too many brain cells back in college?

I will survive though, and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to learn and retain a phrase or two in Japanese for more than five minutes.  

I have always been fascinated (and maybe even a little jealous) by people who can fluently speak two or more languages.

I think that it would be fun to be a translator. I have a friend who works part time as a translator and loves it!

Have you ever seen this video?  Hilarious!


Mata Ne,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment