Friday, June 29, 2012

Holy Smokes!!! - 4 Rivers BBQ Rocks!!!


Our middle monkey and I had a couple of high school planning meetings to attend this week . Did I just say high school? Why, yes, yes I did. And now, please excuse me for a second while I scream into my pillow. I have told that boy a million times to stop growing up so fast, and he just won't listen to me. What's a mom to do?

Well, I will tell you what I did. After our meetings, I took that monkey boy out to lunch at 4 Rivers Smokehouse. Twice. And it was really yummy. Twice. And I was really full. Twice. Ah, 4 Rivers, I love you!

4 Rivers Smokehouse is hands down THE BEST BBQ joint that I have ever been to! If you have not tried it yet, you must (but call me first because I would love to go with you, okay?). There are three locations throughout Central Florida. Chef and owner, John Rivers is a culinary genius. Most importantly, though Mr. Rivers has a heart the size of Texas. Click here to see a video of how 4 Rivers Smokehouse came to be. It's a powerful story!

There is always a line at 4 Rivers Smokehouse, but don't let that deter you. The staff is super fast and friendly. And the food, well, it is definitely worth the wait.

Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Smoked JalapeƱo Peppers and Bread Pudding
Porch-style dining
Pulled Pork Sandwich with Fried Cheese Grits and Fried Pickles
The 4 Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park has porch-style dining which makes it outdoorsy and rustic. Don't worry though, there's plenty of wet napkins and cool mist fans to keep you comfy. And if you are lucky, you might just meet a few new friends at the community style picnic tables.

Oh, and don't forget to save room for dessert. Two words - Fried. Oreos!!! 4 Rivers has its own in-house bakery, The Sweet Shop. From scrumptious bread pudding and homemade ice-cream to cupcakes on steroids and mile high cakes, there is something for every sweet tooth.

The only thing that would make 4 Rivers Smokehouse perfect would be a place for people to sleep off their food coma after they eat. Mr. Rivers, would you consider adding a sleeping porch onto each of your smokehouses?

Hugs,

Melissa

4Rivers Smokehouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment