Monday, March 11, 2013

My Thighs Just Fell Off!

Well, not really, but they feel like they are going to fall off any minute.  Why? You might ask.  Why would my thighs fall off?  Well, let me tell you a little story.

On Saturday, three full days ago, I participated in an innocent looking little workout.  Just 27 minutes of stretches, squats and push ups.  No biggy really.  I mean, not to toot my own horn, but I do workout on a very regular basis.  I do Zumba classes and lift weights three nights a week.  I also chase a few monkeys around everyday, so I am no stranger to regular exercise and exertion and exhaustion and desperation...sorry I'm not sure why I ramble so. It's a disease.

Okay, so this new exercise routine is isometric.  You use your own body weight as resistance  And really, how hard could it be to workout using my own body weight?  Wait.  If you see me on a regular basis, please do not answer that question.

In all seriousness, the workout was excellent.  It was tough but doable.  Although, I did have to stop after 15 minutes because I was worn out.  But, I can totally see working up to that full 27 minutes by the end of the year week. If you want to learn more about the type of workout that I am currently trying to love, please check out Physique 57.  They offer in studio classes, online classes, DVD's and a book.  Here is a link to Physique 57's Facebook Page and a video that tells how Physique 57 started:


The best part about the workout, was that I could do it at home.  That was a huge bonus because I could workout in my pajamas (which saves on laundry) and also provide entertainment for my family.  Multi-tasking rocks! Our oldest daughter even joined me in the workout.  Her thighs however, did not fall off.

Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment