Monday, March 4, 2013

Pictures of Puffy Pancakes

We purchased a new family camera for Christmas.  It causes me great angst. It is way too complicated.  I long for the days of Polaroid.  Point, shoot, shake, no sweat.

versus 

Sweat, shake, point, try to adjust settings, sweat, attempt to focus lens, fog up view finder thingy with my sweaty eye ball, shoot, scream "shoot" because picture is blurry! Begin again.

But I'm trying to learn, really I am.  Everything is just so stinking high tech these days.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy technology, it's just that I feel like I have too much knowledge in my brain about how things used to be.  You know, the good old days of Commodore computers, VHS, and microwave bundt cakes.  Ah, memories.

But, I always tell our monkeys that "practice makes permanent", so I practice, perspire, make puffy pancakes and take pictures of puffy pancakes with my clammy hands.  And I tell myself that if I am going to subject you to my lackluster photos, I should at least thank you for sticking around while I eat my own "practice makes permanent" words and give you a recipe that will make your life a little easier while my life seems to be getting increasingly more difficult by the moment.  

So, here is a super simple, take it back to the old school recipe for Puffy Pancakes.  

In your blender, mix together one cup of flour, six eggs, one cup of milk, 1teaspoon of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of salt.


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and melt a half of stick of butter in a pan.


Pour pancake mixture over the melted butter in the pan and put back in the oven.


Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.  Serve immediately to maintain some semblance of puffiness.


Puffy pancakes are like the little black dress of breakfast.  You can dress them up with just about anything.  Jam, maple syrup, honey, powdered sugar, fresh fruit, etc.


I hope that you like the pancakes better than my pictures.  And if you are really lucky I might be able to find my recipe for microwave bundt cake in my Recipe Rolodex. If I do, I will give you a call on my cordless phone.  You know.  The one with the foot long antenna.

Hugs,

Melissa

1 comment: