Monday, February 7, 2011

Love is in the Air!

We have never been a family to get all caught up in the Valentines' Day hype. 

Sure, we have made and received some fun little cards from friends and gifted some candy or cookies here and there, but not much more than that.

So it puzzled me a few weeks ago, when our youngest monkey girl proclaimed that Valentines' Day was her favorite holiday.  She has been making heartsy crafts and has even picked out an outfit for the special day.

"Hmm"... I thought, "Where did this sudden onset of Valentines' Day love come from? Is our girl a true romantic at heart? Will we have to fight off the boys and lock her in the tower when she gets older?"

Then it hit me, our little monkey LOVES candy.  Adores it, asks for it every day (she's persistent), and enjoys every type of sugary goodness known to man, woman and child.  And since we are very strange parents and do not consider candy an everyday necessity, we figure our monkey girl sees Valentines' Day as her golden opportunity to score some sugar. Smart monkey!

I never decorate for Valentines' Day, but this year, I have gone and done it.  Two years ago, I found some very fun heart ornaments at IKEA.  My intention was to use them to decorate a Swedish themed Christams tree in honor of my husband's Scandinavian roots, but I never got around to it.  So, they sat in their plastic wraps and waited ever so patiently to make their debut.

And here they are adorning the love shack:









This Valentines' thing is contagious.  I am smitten.  And I have a serious sugar craving!

Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment