Sunday, February 27, 2011

Something Beautiful - A Death and a Birth

This past week was one of wonder for me.  Really, I was in awe of life and its lessons. Of God and His goodness and mercy.

The realization that there is a time for everything.  A time to be born and a time to die. 


I found myself pondering how profound it was to be writing out a sympathy card to a dear lady from our church.  She and her husband of 59 years parted ways (for awhile at least) last week.  His death was sudden.  His life's journey on this Earth was complete.  It was time for him to go home. My heart aches for his sweet bride.  A time to grieve...


The other card that a held in my hand was addressed to a young couple we know who are expecting a baby very soon.  A time to be born.  A new life.  A life journey beginning here on Earth.  All the newness, all the promises.  A time to rejoice...


The ebb and flow of life.  Endings and beginnings.  As we travel on life's road full of joys and sorrows.

And that is something beautiful.

Blessings,

Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment