Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fifteen Years Ago Today...

Today we celebrated our middle monkey boy's 15th birthday.  15 years full of this...




























Lisbet Photography
Lisbet Photography











Lisbet Photography

Words would never do this kid justice.  You have to see him to believe him.  To see him is to love him.  He has a dynamic personality.  Where ever he goes, he has an energy that he brings with him.  He walks into a room and the party begins. He is charming and sweet, compassionate and passionate, hysterically funny and wisely serious, he is a champion for others and he never meets a stranger.

I remember when I was in labor with him, about an hour before he was born, the mood in the room suddenly became very serious.  As the nurses were putting an oxygen mask on me, they were explaining that our baby's heart rate had dropped to a dangerously low level.  The room was buzzing with activity, but life seemed to be moving in slow motion.  My doctor flew into the room, but for me time was standing still.  

I just kept thinking about my baby, and how much I already loved him.  We were connected.  He was a part of me. With every kick, belly roll and hiccup I loved him more.  I talked to him that night and told him that he needed to be strong.  When the doctor placed an internal monitor into his tiny scalp and rubbed his little head, his heart rate went up.  He liked the physical touch.  At that moment, before he was even born, I knew he would be a people person.  

Fast forward to today, and I will wholeheartedly confirm that he is indeed a people person. People love this boy.  Especially this momma person. 

Happy Birthday, Monkey Boy!

Love, 

Your Family

No comments:

Post a Comment