Sunday, June 2, 2013

I Can Have Cake and Blog About it Too.



May, you were like a decadent dessert.  Like a slice of chocolate cake full of multiple layers of rich, gooey icing.  My grandma used to make a cake like that.  It literally had 16 layers!

May's layers were full of hellos and goodbyes.  Beginnings and endings.  Celebrations and collaborations. Blogging did not have a chance when real life has been so rich.  I am thankful that blogging is not my "job" or I would have been fired for negligence or eating too much "life layered cake". 

I linger on that last sentence though.  Blogging is not my "job", but after two and a half years of blogging, I have grown to love what I do here on this blog.  I have found a voice through blogging that I never realized I had.  I am still so, so green in this whole process, and I am okay with that, but I have found myself really wanting to explore blogging at a deeper level.  I look around the blogosphere and see some amazing websites, read some fantastic insights, and I keep wondering if I need to kick things up a notch or two around here.  Hmm...

So, I have decided to attend a conference on blogging this month.  You know, just to see what else there is that I could do with this blog, writing and such.  I am going into this conference with eyes and ears wide open.  I want to learn.  To be a sponge.  Soak it in and hopefully not drown in the process. 

At the end of the day though, this is not my "job", it's a hobby.  But, maybe I want it to be more? I feel like exploring that question more. 

Friends, may I ask you a question?  What do you think?  What are some of the posts on "This and That" that have spoken to you the most?  What is it that keeps you reading?  Are there subjects that you would like to hear more about?  Less about?  Should I pursue a fresh new look for this blog?  Sometimes, people tell me that it is a pain to become a member and hard to leave comments.  Maybe, I need to go with a different blogging site or even create my own.  I would not even know where to begin, but I guess that is why I am going to a blogging conference this month, right?  

I would really appreciate your feedback.  I want to keep writing, I actually crave it.  I guess it's better than craving a 16 layer chocolate cake.  Of course, the good news is,  I could have the cake and blog about it too. 

Hugs, 

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment