Monday, June 24, 2013

Here's Looking at You Kids (or Monkeys)



I went to the eye doctor today.  I don't like the eye doctor.  Actually, I like our eye doctor.  He is a great guy.  I just don't like the whole eye exam process.  The puffs of air in the eye, the light, the dark, the letters, those drops.  Those drops!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I hate the drops!

But today's visit was not a normal visit.  Something seems to be wrong with my left eye.  Pete noticed it when we were talking via Skype while he was in Japan for two weeks (He is not allowed to go away for that long again.  I will strap myself to the airplane if he does.  Seriously!) Anyway, Pete noticed that my left seemed "different".  It looked bigger, bulgy-er (is that a word?), it seemed to pull to the left.  Truth be told, my eye has felt strange lately.  I really just thought that it was lack of sleep, exhaustion, or something along those lines.

Well, after a couple of hours of puffs, drops, lights, letters, and other eye doctor goodness, he found nothing.  Nothing is wrong with my eye.  The doctor said that it could possibly be a virus or eye strain. Thankfully, it is not my retina, or glaucoma, or blindness induced from too many times of having my mouth washed out with soap as a child (name that movie). I am supposed to go back this Friday for a follow up if my eye still feels funky.

I am so glad that my eye is okay, but this appointment really got me thinking.  Eye sight is so important, and the thought of something being wrong with my eye really made me pause.  It made me think about my brother who is legally blind.  He is an amazing guy and you would never know that his eyesight is compromised.  His other senses have more than compensated for his vision.  It is really a miracle to me. You rock, Blake!

So, I am hoping that this strange feeling in my eyeball subsides soon.  In the meantime, I was reminded today of a hysterical comedy sketch involving eye exams.  I think that I will go watch it now.  Want to join me?




Hugs,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment