Saturday, July 20, 2013

What's Happening Hot Stuff?

Do you remember the movie "Sixteen Candles" with Molly Ringwald?  It was my ABSOLUTE favorite movie so, so very long ago when I was...ahem...younger.

It's funny, because when I watched it just recently, I didn't think it was as hilarious as I remember it being.  I mean, there are some great one liners that Molly Ringwald had to endure from her gentleman suitors. The scene where Anthony Michael Hall, is dancing around saying, "Very hot, very hot!" kills me every time.  Also, this scene....


BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!!!!!! (Time out! I need a puff from my inhaler.  This cold we have all come down with has kicked my lungs.) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Speaking of candles, birthdays and gentlemen suitors, I recently celebrated my 31st birthday (plus 10 years).  It was tons of fun to party with my monkeys and Pete here in the big city!!! 

There was chocolate cake (Dad is great!  He gives us the chocolate cake! Name that movie.)



A candle app (because if we had used that many real candles it would be a fire hazard)...


A yuppie fern bar...




Parmesan / Truffle french fries...



My gentleman suitor....



Live music....



And just a really awesome, amazing time!  Getting older is not so bad.  Right? Right? (crickets chirping)

Hugs, 

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment