Friday, April 19, 2013

Hello Out of Toilet


Please stop what you are doing right now, click on the picture above, and read.  Trust me, its worth it.

Okay, now allow me to translate this very polite message that was posted in a Japanese convenience store bathroom.  
-----------
"Hello customer who has just finished using the bathroom.  We apologize for bothering you here in the restroom, but we figured we had a captive audience (and something about a brush?) 

Thank you very much for choosing Family Mart over all the other convenience stores.

Did we have all of your favorite goods?  Were you satisfied with our prices and service?

We are extremely concerned about our customers' satisfaction. 

(When I read the "It is anxious" part, I couldn't help but think about the line from "Silence of the Lambs", "It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again." I'm just weird like that.)
'
If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave a note in our comment box.

(And there are two alternate endings to choose from.)

We want to do everything within our power to make sure you come back again.  

OR

We will try not to laugh and take you seriously, because after all this is just a convenience store and we will probably never see you again." 
----------------
I am so glad that I could shed some light on the meaning of this very polite, but somewhat confusing message from our friends at Family Mart in Japan.  I hope that it meant as much to you as it did to me.  

I love Japan!

Hugs, 

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment