Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lavender Bouquet - A Two Second Tutorial


lavender |ˈlavəndər|nouna small aromatic evergreen shrub of the mint family, with narrow leaves and bluish-purple flowers. Lavender has been widely used in perfumery and medicine since ancient times.
    Last spring, my niece Heather surprised me with a lovely lavender plant. I was absolutely sure that I would kill the precious thing because I have a black thumb. Plants that enter into this house have a death sentence. Seriously, I kill air plants.     Heather told me to chill out and put the lavender in a clay pot where it could get plenty of warmth and sunlight.  She also told me not to water it until the soil was dry.  So, I crossed my fingers, did as she advised, and one year later...I still have a gorgeous lavender plant with lots of blooms!  Now, I am no Mr. Green Jeans, but there is hope for me yet!      In my opinion, lavender flowers are the most aromatic of all flowers. I love that smell!    I dried some last year and they still smell amazing! They are also quite charming little flowers.    In honor of spring and my miracle plant, I put together some tiny bouquets to share with friends like you...


    To make these little beauties, clip some lavender (or any other aromatic flower) leaving a substantial amount of the stem.  

    Remove the leaves, save and dry for sachets.

Gather some ribbon.

Tie ribbon around your bundle of spring goodness and ...

Now you have a fragrant little lovely to hang in your home, car, or give to a special someone. Enjoy!Hugs, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment