Thursday, April 11, 2013

He's "This", I'm "That", But Somehow We Meet in the Middle

We've all heard the cliche, "opposites attract" right?  Well, I am here to say that they actually do.  Opposites attract.


Pete and I are a living proof of this concept.  We are opposites in many ways...

Pete's chill, I'm high maintenance
Pete's rock, I'm pop
Pete's reserved, I'm "out there"
Pete's solo, I'm social
Pete's musical, I'm whimsical
Pete's patient, I'm not
Pete cooks, I eat
Pete prefers mountains, I prefer beaches
Pete's quiet, I'm noisy
Pete's a planner, I'm a doer
Pete prefers salty, I prefer sweet (but we both like spicy!)
Pete dislikes dancing, I'm a dancing queen
Pete's a thinker, I'm a talker

I could go on and on, but you get the point.  We are opposites in so many ways, but we definitely attract.  Having such different personalities actually keeps our marriage interesting.  I think that it would be so boring if we were too similar.

We do have some great commonalities though. We are grounded in our faith.  We both have a built in sense of adventure.  We laugh a lot together.  We are both unconventional, and like to think outside of the box.  We both love being married, raising kids, and being part of something much larger than ourselves.

And at the end of the day, it does not matter if he likes to make the music and I like to dance to it, just as long as there's music to enjoy.


Hugs,

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one because Jeremy cooks also, I eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! :) I love you both so much and I hope to have such a great marriage like you someday :)
    Love,
    Mandy <3

    ReplyDelete