Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Just like the Jetsons!

I grew up watching a lot of Hanna-Barbera cartoons.  There was the Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo, and my all time favorite, The Jetsons.  Oh boy, did I ever love me some Jetsons!!!

Meet George Jetson, his boy Elroy, daughter Judy, Jane, his wife... and their dog Astro, and Rosy the maid.  Such a great family.



So futuristic.  So cutting edge.  So hip.  So out of this world.


They had such cool gadgets and gizmos.  When I was a kid, the idea of a video phone was just too much.  I just could never imagine in a million years that when I was a grown up (so to speak), there would be real video phones.  I was just trying to wrap my mind around the Sony Walkman cassette player in those days.

And yet, here we are in the year 2011 and we have computers, video phones, and Skype.  I LOVE Skype!  We use it quite often when Music Man is traveling.  

Here are some pictures of the monkeys skyping Music Man on his recent business trip.  


Behold the future (er, present).


I bet old George never made funny faces at his boss, Mr. Spacely. 


Tink was not in a skypy kind of mood. Grump! I bet Astro wasn't a grump.


Sending out some love, ASL style.

Now, what I want to know is when is the Jetson's Food-A-Rac-A-Cycle going to make its debut?  That would be something. An instant, healthy, hot dinner with the push of a button.  Oh my!  Just think about how much more time I could have to watch cartoons, and pick my teeth, and make mindless posts on my blog.

Hanna-Barbera is the bomb, 

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment