Thursday, January 13, 2011

Panda Poo Paper

On a recent trip to Hong Kong, Music Man came across this recycling idea:


Paper made from recycled Panda poo?  Who knew?  

I did some research and found out that Chinese Giant Pandas digest only about twenty percent of the high fiber bamboo that they eat each day.  Well, what goes in must come out. The leftover bamboo poo is processed and turned into handy dandy paper.  Pretty cutting edge huh?

I also read that there is a zoo in Thailand that makes paper out of elephant dung.  Wow!  

Well, I don't know about you, but I am inspired.  Ideas like this make me want to be more careful with resources that our family consumes.  We do use a lot of paper around here, especially paper of the toilet variety.  

Hey, what a minute.  I have a great idea.  I wonder if dog poo can be recycled into paper.  Think about all the trees we would save.  All the financial savings.


Don't look at me like that Tink.  You need to be a contributing member of this family. Don't you want to do your part for our planet?


Tink?  Look at me when talk to you, Tink. 

Resourcefully yours,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment