Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Elf on the Shelf

The day after Thanksgiving, this guy showed up at our house.

                                                             Our kids named him Buddy.  
                                                  I am thinking about charging him rent. 
All that Buddy wants is a hug, and who can resist?  He's awfully cute and yet a bit creepy at the same time.  It's the eyes.  They're watching me, always watching...No really they are, and that is the point.  You see, this little Elf has a story.  He was sent by the Big Man at the North Pole to watch little children throughout the day.

At night, he magically travels back to the Elf Lodge and reports to Santa about who has been naughty and who has been nice.  It's all about the list.

Then sometime in the wee hours of the morning (or just before the monkeys bounce downstairs in the morning if I forgot to move him the night before because I was knocked out in a sugar coma from eating too many sugar cookies) Buddy returns to our house and find a new place to perch.  Sometimes he is hard to find, so the monkeys really have to search for him. He's an elusive elf.


If you want to find out more about tricking your kids into behaving for Christmas, um, I mean, if you would like to have a little elf come visit your family and have some fun pretending with your kids this Christmas, pick up a copy of The Elf on the Shelf by Carol V. Aebersold and Chanda A. Bell.

Now, I am off to hide Buddy the Elf.  But first, I am going to turn on all the lights in our house because those eyes, they make me a little nervous.  He kind of reminds me of an evil doll that hid under the bed in a horror movie I saw once.  (Carol Anne, head towards the light Carol Anne).

Happy elf hiding or egg nogging or cookie baking,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment