Thursday, December 23, 2010

Over the River, Through the Woods, and Across the Universe- Part 5 - I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas (or am I?)

Very late last night, we were schlepping it through Kentucky.  It was cold.  Very cold.  But there was not a snowflake to be found.  No snow, nada, zilch.

Then, I must have fallen asleep and I had a dream.  I was dreaming of a white Christmas.  I dreamed that as soon as we crossed the state line into Indiana, it was snowing and there was snow on the ground.  In my dream, we stopped at a rest area and our kids went absolutely ape when they stepped out of the van and into the snow.  They were frolicking and playing.  It was a Winter Wonderland.


And suddenly, and I was caught in the crossfire of a snow ball fight.  Our kids were lopping snow balls left and right.


They were having a snow ball fight, at a rest stop, and it was way past their bedtime. And we were in Indiana. And I was okay with that, until I got hit with a snow ball and it was hard and cold and it hurt.  And then, I realized that I was not dreaming.  That the snow was real.  The rest stop was real.  My kids were real.  And it was really cold.  And I started crying and babbling, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home."  And I ran and hid in the van.  The End.

Wimpy in a Winter Wonderland,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment