Saturday, December 25, 2010

Over the River, Through the Woods and Across the Universe - Merry Christmas!!!

We made it to Wisconsin a couple of days ago and we have been having a blast ever since.  We have had people to see, places to go, and lots of beautiful snow.  The monkeys have traded their shorts, t-shirts, and sandals for snowsuits, coats, and snow boots.  They are spending hours outside playing.  I am pretty sure that they have no nerve endings because it is so cold!



It is Christmas Day as I write this.  Well, not exactly day.  It is actually just after midnight.  And everyone is asleep.  It is very peaceful out here in the woods of my mother and father in law's homestead.  Peaceful and serene.

This is a house with much love asleep under the roof tonight.  My sweet in laws have been married for 56 years.  They have 5 children, gobs of grandchildren, and even great grandkids!  Their love for their family is so evident.  I am very blessed to be a part of this family.

And, as I watch my children sleep this Christmas morning, I am overcome with a deep love. Pure joy is in my heart.  I am overwhelmed at the gift that my family is.  I am breathless at the thought that God choose to bless me in this way.  But mostly, I am thankful beyond words for the gift of Christ this Christmas.  He is the Creator of all of this love.

Merry Christmas and much love,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment